Tower Hill Botanic Garden offers a wide range of educational programs to engage children and youth in hands-on outdoor learning and recreation. We work with teachers, educators and homeschool groups to align activities and resources to meet your group and classroom needs. Our gardens and trails provide a wealth of resources as an outdoor classroom, and we invite you to work with us to plan a memorable visit.
The Education Program Catalogue lists the educational programs that we offer for school field trips and education group visits and is divided by grade. Each program is aligned with the 2016 Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework.
SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
- 2-hour customizable programs designed in collaboration with Tower Hill education staff
- 1.5 hour program for Kindergarten groups
- Required chaperone to student ratio of 1:10
- Schools or groups larger than 25: $10/student, chaperones free
- Minimum charge for smaller groups: $100 plus cost of admission
- To make a reservation, complete this reservation request form and return to email@example.com.
HOMESCHOOL AND EDUCATIONAL GROUPS
- 25 students maximum and required chaperone to student ratio of 1:10
- Group admission rate of $9 Adults, $7 Seniors (65+) and $5 Youths (age 6-18) plus $100 for 2-hour program
Tower Hill education staff offers fun and engaging Scout Programs to earn badges. Dates for programs will be posted below, or you can contact the Education Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a program.
- Individual groups for scout badges: $15/ youth; accompanying adults pay admission fee
- Required chaperone to student ratio of 1:8
Tower Hill Botanic Garden welcomes summer camps, schools, youth groups, and scouts to the Garden this summer for engaging and memorable hands-on learning and fun. Set against more than 130 acres of botanical gardens, conservatories and nature trails, Tower Hill provides a unique nature experience to engage with and have fun with plants. We work with your organization to create a fun summer experience catered to your group. Programs vary in length and incorporate hands-on learning through art, outdoor exploration, gardening, cooking and fun. Sample classes and activities include: music or yoga in the gardens, drawing or nature-themed crafts, nature walks and landscape scavenger hunts, story time in the conservatories, or classes catered to your educational or recreational interests. Contact the Education staff at email@example.com to schedule a program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.869.6111, as soon as possible of any decision to postpone, reschedule or cancel your program. A full refund will be returned if the cancellation is made at least two weeks before the date of the program. Cancellations less than one week before the program date will forfeit 50% of the program fee (exceptions will be made if cancellation is due to inclement weather and mutually agreed upon).