Tails 'n Trails Dog Membership
Your precious pooch is welcome at Tower Hill Botanic Garden! Dog walking is permitted in designated areas only, at the following times:
Tuesday 3-5 pm
Wednesday 5-8 pm (only when garden is open Wednesday evenings)
Please note that dogs are not allowed on Mother's Day, Plant Sale, Winter Reimagined. We apologize for any inconvenience. This is a year-round program and dogs are welcome to Tower Hill during the winter months.
Any current member may purchase a Tails 'n Trails Dog Membership for $25 for their first dog, and $10 for each additional dog (up to a maximum of three dogs). Tails 'n Trails canine members are admitted FREE to the Garden.
Bring your tail to our trails soon! For more details, contact Jessica at 508-869-6111 ext. 136.
Dog Policies & Guidelines
The following rules and regulations are in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our guests, your dogs, and the protection of Tower Hill Botanic Garden's collections. Upon entering the Garden with your canine companion(s), you hereby agree to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
We ask that you use good judgment on all matters concerning your dog. Good judgment, combined with the following policies, will ensure an enjoyable and safe visit for you and your four-legged friend. If you witness an incident of concern while on the dog trail please speak with the pet owner, if you are comfortable doing so. Or, please report it at the Information Desk.
- Current members may purchase a Tower Hill Dog Membership at $25 for the first dog and $10 for each additional dog (a maximum of three dogs).
- Only one dog per person is allowed to visit the Garden at one time. Dogs are only allowed to visit Tower Hill every Saturday and Sunday from 10am-12noon, Tuesday 3-5pm, Wednesday 5-8pm (only when garden is open Wednesday evenings); excluding days when there are special events.
- Upon entry, please present your Tower Hill Membership Card with Paw Print Sticker. Your pet should prominently display their customized Tower Hill dog tag on their collar.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and under the control of their handlers. Dogs should not go off leash at any time during your visit.
- Dogs are not permitted in buildings or formal gardens at Tower Hill.
- We ask that you please use discretion where you permit your dogs to relieve themselves. Tower Hill has a world renowned and scientifically important collection of plants, which may be sensitive to dogs' urine. Therefore, we ask that you please keep your dogs on the indicated trail (see map). Dogs are not permitted to walk onto planting beds or into fields or woodlands. Tower Hill also has a high tick population so we encourage keeping your dogs on the trail.
- Our ponds are habitats for birds, turtles, small fish as well as certain aquatic plants. In order to ensure these precious habitats remain intact, please do not allow your dog in or near the ponds. Even walking your dog on the edges of the ponds can damage this sensitive eco-system.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations and have a current rabies registration tag attached to their collars. You need to provide copies of your dog's vaccinations and rabies certificate or current town registration upon purchasing a dog membership or entrance to the Garden, if not a dog member.
- Dog handlers are required to clean-up after their dogs. Dog handlers must use "doggie bags" and dispose of them in the designated receptacles. You can also find maps at these receptacles of the approved trails and areas to walk your dogs and where you can find water stations.
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden has the right to revoke a Dog Membership at any time if dog handlers do not clean-up after their dogs or abide by any of the dog policies.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. Tower Hill Botanic Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to guests or other dogs.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the Garden.